A very interesting approach has just been published in project-syndicate.org for solving the ‘Productivity Puzzle’ – it was written by Professor Diane Coyle, University of Cambridge who is also a member of the newly formed UK Productivity Institute Although the factors contributing to stagnant productivity are well known, economists and policymakers have so far paid …
New book for 2021
‘Adventuring out to Sea’ – An aide memoire for amateur sailors who are mostly land bound
Subscribe to Blog - it's FREE
Books – Our ‘Productivity’ trilogy
‘Productivity Knowhow’ – the basic knowhow managers need for big productivity improvements
‘Productivity Postbag’ – a selection of views on productivity matters from business heavyweights
‘Productivity Quotes’ – over 1,000 quotes from the ‘great and good’, some amusing, some controversial
- Improve Productivity By Getting Better At Being Better
- The Silver Lining of 2020*
- Something more to look forward to in 2021
- Four-day week could boost jobs in Spain
- France planned to reverse globalisation but is still bleeding jobs
- The post-pandemic brave new world
- Microsoft software criticised as workplace surveillance
- The future of work?
- WFH results = Productivity Up, Innovation Down
- Knowledge workers are more productive from home
- Is the pandemic making us more productive?
- Potential £145bn productivity boost for UK economy
- The Key to solving the Productivity Puzzle
- Debt may be cheap, but the UK’s poor productivity will cost us dear
- AI will unlock USD 15.7 trillion in global productivity by 2030
- £300 million to boost UK manufacturing productivity by 30%
- Why Software Won’t Eat The World
- CV-19 provides a giant leap for creative destruction
- Long-term planning for remote work
- Ridding ourselves of the productivity fetish will help us combat climate change
- The ‘Circular Economy’ to boost national productivity
- Academics to boost productivity growth and level-up living standards
- COVID brings productivity into sharp focus
- How much does bad management really cost the UK?
- The Occam’s Razor Of Productivity
- Are You Leading Through the Crisis … or Managing the Response?
- Are office clusters as crucial to productivity as they once were?
- How Fed Policy Is Wrecking the Economy
- How to reverse the productivity slowdown
- How a Fully Distributed Company Keeps Its Team Engaged
- Next CBI boss finds ray of hope in coronavirus crisis
- Can COVID-19 solve the UK productivity puzzle?
- Tolerance is good for all
- Dramatically improve customer service so as to cut costs
- Why working from home is bad for productivity
- CBI a closed-shop for McKinsey alumni?
- 5 Questions About China That Boards Should Be Asking Right Now
- Chinese Companies’ Response to Covid-19
- Covid-19 kickstarts gigification of knowledge work
- Rebuilding the Economy Around Good Jobs
- Will companies shift from China to India?
- A clear vision for the post-crisis future?
- FILE – Productivity, Credit and Debt
- The post-pandemic world?
- How to make ‘remote work’ more productive
- Pandemic offers a productivity boost?
- Coronavirus statistics: what can we trust?
- Coaching Your Team Through Uncertain Times
- It’s output results, not input hours, that matter
- Office productivity
- A shorter work week?
- Steve Jobs’ advice on becoming more productive Is quite brilliant
- M/S says “Remote working is here for good”
- Will the Pandemic make us more productive?
- How to boost office productivity
- The economic impact of CV-19?
- CV-19 kick starts new mentalist era
- Covid -19 should make ‘working from home’ the norm
- A pandemic positive!
- Financial data can be ‘dangerously misleading’
- Important trends for SME productivity
- Capitalism or Communism?
- Universal Credit conflicts
- Following the wrong stars?
- Mavericks don’t fit straitjackets
- Piketty tackles inequality
- Inherited inequality
- Process productivity decided by humans
- BIF drains, not lines, national coffers
- The puzzle to persist?